Overall Rating: 9.5/10!!
So these two episodes encompass book 2, The Reptile Room. And again, I am so pleased with how they turned out! The actors really shined and I have very few complaints.
Again, the set of Uncle Monty’s house is gorgeous! The reptile room looked very cool with all the windows and terrariums. And I have to give a shout out to that awesome looking door to the reptile room. For every episode so far they seem to create the perfect atmosphere with each of their sets, and I hope this continues!
I could go on mentioning all the things I loved, but I’ll move on to my few uncertainties about this episode:
- I thought the addition of the secret movie message was interesting, but I am still hesitant about where they are going with the secret organization thing.
- The scene at the end with Jacqueline was a bit much for me, but I guess I’ll have to get used to it as we follow her and the Baudelaire parents* more. It can’t be exactly like the books I guess!
*I just majorly spoiled myself for episode 7(the next episode for me) and now I just….why did I do that????
Okay now onto some scenes I really liked!:
- Mr. Poe freaking out at the end when Sunny is with the Incredibly Deadly Viper just about KILLED me! It was perfectly recaptured from the book and I love how K. Todd Freeman is portraying him!
- Aasif Mandvi was fabulous as Monty. I was genuinely sad when he died, and I really think that all the actors meshed really well in these episodes.
- Uncle Monty’s corpse was gruesome and I loved it. Terrible, but awesome!
That’s about it! The Reptile Room continues a great series. Can’t wait to watch The Wide Window! Thanks for reading and have an awesome day!